I hate reflecting on the past. By that, I mean that I LOVE reflecting on the past, all the things I’ve done, the people I’ve met and the wonderful experiences I’ve enjoyed. And 2016 is no exception.
I don’t try to be too narcissistic. Yes, I own a blog, I’m a comedian and I’m the type to admit that I look at myself in every reflection I walk past in. You know, just in case I have a hair loose. But I don’t TRY to be TOO narcissistic.
It’s cathartic though when I look back at the moments of 2016 and appreciate what has happened. There were some huge changes, I mean big ones. And all for the better, I hope.
I do include events that weren’t part of my everyday life, like celebrity deaths. Government referendums. Oil price changes. You think it’s silly? Never, those shape our public conciousness and all the better for it, so why disregard them in our lives?
Here’s my list, have a good read:
- I started my job in the advertising industry
- I left an abusive relationship and found the best one ever.
- I bought my home.
- Brexit and Donald Trump.
- Pravin Gordhan being charged by the NPA.
- My uncle and Gene Wilder both passed away.
- I rejoined Facebook.
- I met the Ambassador of Portugal in South Africa.
- Racist Facebook posts by white people
- Admitting that I’m not THAT much of a comedian